To ensure that every Bermudian has the opportunity to access support required to meet his or her career development goals; to ensure that resources targeting workforce development are maximized by reducing workforce development duplication and addressing deficiencies; and to provide a workforce development vehicle in which all three sectors of the community participate and collaborate.
Our mission will be achieved by implementing the following steps:
- Implement a public-private community initiative that enables coordination, collaboration and service integration amongst existing workforce initiatives
- Implement a scheme through a dedicated task team to assess current workforce development initiatives in terms of capacity, service integration, quality, and impact
- Work with industry partners to strengthen the provision of career advice provided to students. Work with industry partners to help them modernize human resources practices.
- Re-connect at-risk youth with educational, training and workplace opportunities
- Support initiatives aimed at getting the unemployed and under-employed back to work